Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A Cin And A Shame


A few people have asked me why, being the relative conservative that I am, have I not posted anything on Cindy Sheehan and her ilk... Especially since I live practically within spitting distance of Crawford and the protests mounted there.
Easy answer: She's not worth my time. Notwithstanding the main stream media's coverage, I don't think she's worth anyone's time.
At best she is nothing but a grieving mother (and there seems to be some doubt about that in some circles). Sad, yes. Noteworthy, no.
This world is full of grieving mothers. Most of them then cling to their remaining families and try to heal. It is incredibly bad form to alienate the rest of your grieving family and make it your life's mission to try and place yourself in front of a camera to denounce the work and choices of the child you supposedly mourn.
At worst she is a traitor. I won't make that call, but it is arguable. I think anyone who denegrates and denounces the United States in the presence of a foriegn leader, especially one who is blatently anti-American comes dangerously close to commiting treason.
Personally I think her fifteen minutes of fame are rapidly coming to a close.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 09, 2006 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An excellent observation!!! I couldn't have said that better myself!

 
At February 13, 2006 4:35 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

Thanks Gene. Thanks too to my big bro who hooked me up with the South Carolina crowd. Nice to see a comment from down there. Woo-Hooo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home