Tuesday, March 28, 2006

¿Excúseme?

Many of the 500,000 people who crammed downtown Los Angeles on Saturday to protest legislation that would make criminals out of illegal immigrants learned where, when and even how to demonstrate from the Spanish-language media.

Read that carefully.

OK, once more.

That does say "make criminals out of illegal immigrants". Right?

Imagine, trying to make criminals out of people doing something illegal.

Why don't we just have some nice INS officials checking ID's and green cards before they are allowed to protest... just sayin'.

Because if you want to be a citizen you should know the oath.

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God. In acknowledgement whereof I have hereunto affixed my signature.
(emphasis mine)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 30, 2006 10:01 AM, Blogger K-nine said...

Bubba, You have issues. But, I always knew that, but watch the language, ladies read this.

First as for the actual topic of this post, I have no problem with Hispanic workers. or Hispanics at all for that matter. My issue is with the illegal border crossings. I don't mind 'em comming, but not all that cross are the hard workers, We have enough criminals here already. What if one of your kids ran afoul of one of the bad ones who cross? You would have his head on a pike and would invite me over to see it.

As for the other... You know how I feel about the "peacekeeping" crap. You were a volunteer, you did your job and did it well, (or so I've been told), and I also know that if you could you'd be doing it now.

One question though... What's this about the NFL rules committee? did I miss something?

 
At March 30, 2006 11:37 AM, Blogger K-nine said...

Second: You must not be who I thought you were. Mia Apologetica. Sorry. The Marine, the huge ego "foremost authority" (pffft) and the "Go Steelers" bit threw me. Plus, you called me by name in one of your other comments, so you must at least know who I am... Random readers off the internet would not. Regardless...

First: language. I find the word faggot offensive, although it's passable. The word cumshots is a little graphic for this forum. Fuck is acceptable as I use it from time to time although I really shouldn't. That being said, I WILL NOT CENSOR any comments unless they are not pertaining to the thread, are offensive for no good reason or are spam. Just try to remember that I want to run a family blog here.

And if you're not who I thought you were why "screw the Confederacy"? It's been dead for almost 150 years. There is only one set of States of America now, The United one. That seemed like a personal shot at me as well. HMMmmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home