Friday, April 28, 2006

Human Trail Mix

It's finally here. The Austin Blown-Eyed blog meet. A bunch of fruits and nuts all in the same bag. I, unfortunately, will miss the opening ceremonies tonight at the Salt-Lick, due to the fact a pal of mine got me a ticket to see Joe Satriani and Eric Johnson at the Paramount Theater tonight. Two guitar gods and not a bad seat in the house. Thanks Austin. (the person not the place) I will later wander over to the blodger-lodgings to see if I can't meet a few of the freaks like me. I will miss the shoot-a-thon tomorrow because of work, but plan to spend more time with this ecclectic bunch Saturday night.

OK, I got bourbon, beer, 12ga, .380 sidearm, rubber boots, a catcher's mask and half a pool cue with electrical tape wrapped around one end for grip. I think I'm ready. Wooo-hoo!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At April 29, 2006 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grissom, Satriani, Johnson..... wow. What an encore. Oh, I could throw in my M1A into your hodgepodge if you were so inclined.

 
At May 01, 2006 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to MerleFest. 3 days. Doc Watson, Guy Clark,
Verlon Thompson, Sean Kemp,
John Cowan, Jerry Douglas,
Sarah Lee Guthrie, David Holt,
Sam Bush, Bob Weir,
Robert Earl Keen, Slaid Cleaves,
Tony Rice, Emmylou Harris, Bela Fleck....

Green yet?

Might I add, your blogfest does not have the corner market on odd souls...there were plenty in the mountains this weekend too!

 
At May 01, 2006 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.. back-fill, man!!...

Eric

 
At May 01, 2006 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your checklist. I never did get to see the pool cue. Great meeting you! - TJ, http://twisty.typepad.com

 
At May 01, 2006 4:40 PM, Blogger Walrilla said...

I'm glad I got to meet and spend some time with you, bro. We live too close not to get together sometime.

walrilla

 

Post a Comment

<< Home