Tuesday, June 27, 2006

...But Acidman's Gone...

...But Acidman's gone...
Acidman and his blog "Gut Rumbles" helped shape this blog. He was crass, and grouchy, and he was one of the best. I have said this before, but I knew I had made it as a blogger when he quoted me on his site. I was proud to have shaken his hand at the blog meet in May. His was one of the first links I ever put over on the right. I knew he was ill, and in pain. I had hoped he would find comfort, and maybe some peace. I hope he has. His passing will leave a void in the blogsphere and in the hearts of all who knew him, and enjoyed his writing.

This is Dave, Rob's brother. I just wanted to let somebody know that the arrangements have finally been made. If somebody has the ability to get the word out, please go for it.There will be a memorial service for Rob at 4 pm on Thursday, June 29th, at Fox & Weeks on Hodgson Memorial Drive in Savannah, followed by an after-service celebration (can't be a wake if it's after the Memorial) at our parents' house. Pickers will bring instruments, everybody else bring voices and any Rob stories you can tell for everybody else to hear while they lift a glass to him. I'm going to miss my big brother, but I'll do my best to send him off in style! There'll be directions to the place at the service, or you can email me: dsmith@brannenlaw.com. Thanks, everybody!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 29, 2006 8:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your comment in Rob's Memorial - it gave me a chuckle and a tear at the same time.

 
At July 01, 2006 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your comment on the memorial post as well. Choked me up too....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home