Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hurricane Season


I am not a big sports fan, for that you need to see my buddy Doc over at "All I'm Saying Is..." In particular I am not a big hockey fan, but my friend Sean is. Born in Philly he is the huge Flyers nut. He made me come over to his house to watch the Stanley Cup games in years past. We even went to see the Flyers play Carolina in Raleigh back in '97 or '98 (make that '99... The stadium wasn't finished until then) when we were both still living in Greenville. We moved out to Texas, then he moved back to NC and left me out here.
This year the 'Canes made it to the finals, and into the fight for the Cup. Sean was excited. The 'Canes are his new "home team" (he's still a big Flyer freak though) He called to remind me of every game, even the ones I couldn't watch because I don't have cable. I did watch the last four games though.
The Stanley Cup playoff is a best of seven series. At the end of the fourth game Carolina led the series 3 games to 1. Then they lost the next one... And the one after that they lost 4 to nothing. Seventh game, winner take all, the 'Canes took the Oilers down 3 to 1, and Lord Stanley's Cup gets to spend a year in my home state. Not a sports fan, but I guess I still have some back home pride. Woooo-Hoooo 'Canes!

3 Comments:

At June 21, 2006 9:34 AM, Blogger rabbit said...

GO CANES!!!!!!!
Hell yeah!!! We finally made it.

I was there. Not for Game 7. Game 2. Still a win in the series though. I only budgeted enough for one game against Buffalo and one against Edmonton. I lucked into an extra game against the Sabres courtesy of my new job. We went out for the celebration last night and the parade. It was cool. The support was amazing. There must've been 20 or 30 thousand people out there.

WOOOOOO!!!!
WOO!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

 
At June 21, 2006 1:07 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

Holy crap. 20 thousand Hockey fans in NC. I still remember going to see the Ice Caps and thinking how wierd it was to have hockey in Raleigh.

Wait a second... New job? What new job?

 
At June 22, 2006 7:54 AM, Blogger rabbit said...

Same place, new direction. I'm not in calibration, anymore. I moved into the validation department back in March. I'm working my butt off now, but I'm enjoying it and the perks are great. The week after the 4th, I have to go to Montreal for a week on business. I'm still thinking about Terlingua, too. I have a lot more vacation time to burn than my honey does.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home