Thursday, November 09, 2006

Letter From Home

"Hi K, It's your Ma. I hope you don't mind what I just did but even if you do, it's too late to change it . I sent the blog that you wrote last year on Veterans Day to the News-Herald and it was just comfirmed that it would be in the paper on Saturday. I printed it out and then cut off all the information about you--your blog name etc. I mailed it along with a letter from me. My name is the only one that will be printed although I did tell the editor, Cal Bryant, that it was written by my son but that I just thought that all veterans should be honored. He said that it was written beautifully. I don't think that anybody will recognize your dad in a picture that was taken in 1935 and that's the way I want it. I hope you agree. I'm looking forward to your visit---it has been so long. I love you, Ma"
No, Ma, I don't mind, in fact- thank you. You didn't have to leave my name and the blog off, but I appreciate the consideration... Sometimes it's better that way. I love you too, and can't wait to stand among the tall pines again, if only for a while. -K
No pressure to follow that up, huh?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 09, 2006 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool is your Mom?!

 
At November 09, 2006 5:31 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

The coolest.

 
At November 09, 2006 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cooler than cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home