Saturday, November 18, 2006

Rebel With A Cause

On the 29th, I have been asked to give a living history for a small local school's 6th and 7th grades. They are studying the War Between the States, and since I was a re-enactor I am going to go in full uniform, with all my gear and weaponry (Special permission, no powder or ammo) and tell the kids about the life of a confederate soldier. I am pumped. I also have some replica money, books with pictures of guns, flags and battles to carry. I'll try not to warp any fragile minds if I can help it.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At November 20, 2006 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... sweet, man... educate those kiddies...

Eric

 
At November 20, 2006 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to comment yesterday, but couldn't. Wouldn't let me! My son is in 6th grade and he'd SO LOVE something like that in school. That's a very cool thing you're doing. The kids will really get into it.

 
At November 20, 2006 11:42 AM, Blogger K-nine said...

I'll take and post pictures. I can't wait. Before I moved to Tejas that era in history was a huge part of my life. Still is, but it's tougher now that I don't live in the cradle of it anymore. I think I may get as much out of this as the kids.

 
At November 20, 2006 1:47 PM, Blogger Walrilla said...

Cool, k-nine. I've done that before, too. I am a reenactor, too, I'm just between enlistments. I was with the 5th Texas Calvary(Dismounted) before I moved back home from Dallas. As soon as my legs and feet clear up, I'm going to try to join up again with a closer group.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home