Friday, December 08, 2006

Back Wood Love, A 100 Word Story

She’uns was da purtiest gal I eber saw. She din’t allus care fo me doh. Still… she went wid me fo a while, ‘cause I’s da onliest boy her age round here. Den da new preacher come. He had him a boy chile same age as me. We sho din’t hit it off. He whooped my ass good… an took her too. I ain’t no dum hick lak he thot tho. After what I foun' out, I got her back, an him an his preachin’ daddy had to leeb. Sometimes it ain’t what you hab fust, it’s what you re-hab.

Go, read, listen, VOTE.

If you have trouble following the dialect, read it out loud the way it looks. Really.

UPDATE: My story didn't end up on the podcast or the ballot for some reason. Maybe the midget couldn't read it. Anyway... go, read, listen, vote for sombody else. I feel so disenfranchised... (sigh)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 08, 2006 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get the dialect.
Just a bit uncomfortable with the use of "re-hab".
I can tell you've been home!

 
At December 09, 2006 10:46 AM, Blogger K-nine said...

Nothing personal, an' yeah... I kin tell I beened home too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home