Monday, May 07, 2007

Reel Lines (10)

Buford T. Justice: But I'm in high speed pursuit. Don't you hear good?
Sheriff Branford: I hear perfectly. The fact that you are a sheriff is not germane to the situation.
Buford T. Justice: The God damn Germans got nothin' to do with it.

Last night I went out to the Alamo Drafthouse to see a movie with a group of friends. There are several Alamo theaters here in town, but the one downtown offers up camp, classics, comedy and interactive fun. You can go, drink beer, eat and watch a movie all at once. Last night was Smokey and the Bandit. The beer special of the night? You guessed it... Coors.

We grabbed a couple of buckets of iced down Coors in the can and made ouselves comfortable just in time for Li'l Cap'n Travis to take the stage to open for the movie. LCT is a local band and kind of what I'd call redneck rock. Woo-Hoo!

So... I got the hammer down, the rubberband stretched tight and not a Texas bubblegum machine in sight. That's a big 10-4 good buddy, over and out... .

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 11, 2007 4:50 PM, Blogger DailyDoc said...

Damn, I'm jealous. A place where you can drink beer and watch one of the best movies of all time, so to speak? I just might have to move to Texas.

Hope all is well, Bubba.

 
At May 11, 2007 6:53 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

Ya know, I picked that line because of you, Doc. The Alamo is sort of like the old Raleighwood theater. Going to see Spiderman 3 at one of the Alamo locations tonight. Guinness instead of Coors though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home