Sunday, August 19, 2007

Goin' Ape

The Planet of the Apes was and is one of my favorite movies. I own the box set of DVD's. Everyone remembers the movies, but who remembers the TV series? I watched it religiously when I was 5 and six. One of the coolest things was that the astronauts were going to leave earth on my eleventh birthday. Check out the ship time in the intro.

And of course there were the toys, and the commercials for the toys. I had some planet of the apes toys, but I'm not sure if these were them.

It's amazing the things that we were going to be doing with space travel by 1980.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At August 28, 2007 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will always remember Planet of the Apes for one reason - when I got married, nearly 20 years ago, we were poor and stayed in a DIVE near some Missouri lake. The one channel that we could get on TV had a non-stop Plant of the Apes marathon that played until we finally, and thankfully, left.

 
At August 28, 2007 1:21 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

my only question is, if you were newlyweds, why was the TV on? I can see where an apeathon would not be condusive to marital bliss...

 
At September 01, 2007 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TV was on because, well... two words... sun burn (beyond belief!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home