Thursday, August 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Ma!
This is my mother (on the right) and one of her friends when they were teenagers (I think). Ma didn't grow up with a lot, but she never remembers being without (she says). Grandpa lost most everything in durring the depression, and died pretty young. Grandma lived with her old maid sister, my mother and her 4 sisters and little brother.

She grew up in Murfreesboro, NC and Mapleton, a township of Murfreesboro. She and my Aunt Frances took me to see the falling down old house where they lived in Mapleton when I was little. All I really remember about the trip was we got stuck, pulled out by a tractor and I spilled my bubble stuff in the dirt.

She worked for a while and as a book keeper in Virginia, taking the train back and forth home for the weekend and later for the phone company in Ahoskie.

After Pop came home from the war his father made him go see her in the hospital (appendix? I don't remember), and soon after they started dating.

I suppose that you could say the rest is history...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 24, 2007 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's just a beautiful today as she was then.
JRB

 
At August 28, 2007 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... your Mom was a hottie back in the day!...

Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home