Friday, February 22, 2008

TGIF

You know, that never meant much to me. I've been a dancing retail monkey for over two thirds of my life. Friday is just the day before everyone else has a day off. The day before all my friends went to the beach, or had a cook out, or just slept in. Friday night was the night I had to be careful or Saturday would be eight hours of work... With a hangover.
Weekends don't mean much when your weeks are round.
I can only imagine my life being different, but I really don't know. I would like to spend Saturday mowing my grass, washing the jeep. The sun shining, my windows open, rock and roll music drifting out into the yard.
While I'm at it, could I have a million dollars, a Harley, a good dog and a beautiful redhead to bring me cold beer, kiss my cheek and tell me not to work too hard because lunch is almost ready? No? I didn't think so. Thanks anyway.
So, everyone, have fun tonight, sleep late tomorrow, do something you really enjoy, and if you have to go into a retail store and the cashier is distracted and the manager looks like he's been punched in the face, be nice. Remember, you have the day off, we almost never do.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 23, 2008 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Weekends don't mean much when your weeks are round."

Great line. Hope all is well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home