Thursday, May 22, 2008

Trip And Falls

First off let me start by saying, "No. I am not better."

The dreams have abated somewhat, but I'm still pretty miserable. I've decided to continue to post, but I'm not sure how I came to that conclusion. As per the usual I'll not post on specific problems that I have, but you'll probably notice a subdued tone... at best. That being said...

I went on a little trip to McKinney Falls park in SE austin. It's only about 20 mins from the house. I'm searching for stuff to get the bugs out of my brain. It's a good day trip if you live around here. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Here's a few K.

Scenes like this always make me think of The Planet of the Apes.

That white spot is a heron (or crane) catching fish

I don't know what these are, but there was just one plant in the middle of a bunch of scrub brush.

The lower falls at the park

The other side of the "Apes scape" where Onion creek cut through the limestone.

The new buff K-nine. The background is a 30' drop to the creek. This picture doesn't do the view justice.

Stairs, rails and a bridge in the middle of the woods.

The upper falls. Turtle on rock, one in the water., little bitty waterfall

The old Mckinney homestead ca. 1840. It's fenced off so I couldn't explore.
Prickly Pear in bloom
I sat there waiting for him to stick out his head. He did, I lifted the camera and he ducked.

Happy, happy, joy, joy. The drop behind me is 20'+. Most folk know I'm afraid of heights so this was a huge step for me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home