Monday, June 02, 2008

Dead Dog Walkin' Route

Some people ask me, "Are you really walking that far?"
Yep. 4 miles 5 days a week and it's actually 7.5 miles the other two days.
I start at Longhorn Dam on Pleasant Valley Rd and walk to I35 and around the lake for the 4 mile hike. Same start for the 7.5 miler but I keep going till I get to the Pfluger pedestrian bridge and around. It sounds pretty impressive, but it's easy. Step 1: Start Walking. Step 2: Don't stop. Make a loop, that way you can't cheat yourself... Especially if there's a lake in the middle of it.
Here's what it looks like from the air. Red is 4 miles, Blue is 7.5. Arrows point out the starting point and the Holliday Inn where the Blown Eyeds stayed for the Austin meet two years ago.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At June 02, 2008 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nooo not anonymous, it's Anna:
I walk 4 miles five times a week also. It takes me 75 minutes... lol, and please don't try figuring out just how pathetic it works out to be in speed. I know anything is better than nuttin
;-)

 
At June 02, 2008 6:21 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

I'm down to 55 mins on the 4 mile loop now. It took me almost a week to get it down to an hour.

You gave me a start there at first... My ex's name is Anna. Whew.

 
At June 02, 2008 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.... of all the blogmeets that I have attended, the one in Austin will always stand out in my mind..... that Holiday Inn rocked...... and so did the company.....

Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home