Sunday, June 08, 2008

Piggin' Out

I'm a pretty good cook, so long as I don't get too fancy. The only problem with cooking for one is that it cant be done. Every package, every recipe is designed for two or more people. I know if any leftovers get put in my fridge they will probably leave under their own power. Still, I can't resist sometimes. Last night was a pork tenderloin. I started by cooking some brown rice and steaming half an acorn squash.
I rubbed the meat down with olive oil, garlic salt, italian seasoning, basil and parsley
I put the cooked rice, pork and squash in a pan dropped it in the oven on a slow roast.
I don't have a picture of the done roast, because when it was finished, I forgot and dug in.
I also made some home made apple sauce. I chopped up some apples with a teaspoon of brown sugar and let them simmer till they were mushy.
MMMMMMMmmmmmmm... Mushy.

And yes, I only ate half and put the rest in the fridge to go bad. Sigh.
UPDATE:
I threw out the rest of the rice (Re-warmed rice is terrible) re-heated the pork sliced it thin and put it on a tomato sandwich... MMMMmmmm. And no more leftovers.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 08, 2008 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you didn't stick it in the microwave..........

 
At June 09, 2008 9:40 AM, Blogger K-nine said...

That's only for Chinese food.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home