Monday, June 30, 2008

So Tired

Well, I got up early yesterday and beat the sun to the park for my morning walk. I was surprised how many people were on the hike and bike trail that early on a Sunday, but I had on my headphones and just shut them all out. Seven and a half miles around stopping every two or so to do 10 pushups.
I hit the house for a shower and then down that dusty trail. Thirty miles out of Austin I had a blowout on the Jeep. Rear driver side tire went kablooie. No idea why. By the time I got stopped and pulled into a safe area, it was shredded. It was only about 85 degrees by then, but luckily we finally had some clouds and the humidity had spiked.
My spare tire is an old one with 70,000 miles on it. Not wanting to get stuck out in the middle of nowhere with three wheels I headed back into town.
I went out for some reflection, but the only thing that got reflected was my dirty, sweaty, angry countenance in the rear view mirror. Everywhere I tried to go was thronged with people... Loud annoying people in cars with the windows down playing rap music.
OK, maybe it wasn't that bad, but it sure seemed that way to me.
On top of everything, a new tire for that monster is around $250. Two hundred fifty on top of a budget already stretched too tight as it is.
Yeah, great stress reliever this whole thing turned out to be. I should have more great ideas like this...
UPDATE:
More good news! Called the tire shop... Two of my tires have full replacement warranties, two don't. Don't know which one this is yet. Anybody want to lay any bets? 50/50 odds...
Not to mention the closest shop with the right tire is Grand Prarrie, TX... It'll be here in two days.
UPDATE 2:
I'd have lost my own bet. It was under waranty. There was a nail that caused a slow leak, as the sidewall bowed out the heat, stress and speed ripped it apart.
$24.27 total. I just have to wait 2 days for it to arrive. So, now I'm going to endose Discount Tire... The one in Georgetown, TX anyway. Thanks tire dudes.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 30, 2008 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like a roller skate wheel to me.
JB

 
At July 01, 2008 9:22 AM, Blogger K-nine said...

Thank God it wasn't one of those big ass things like you have on your Jeep... That would've been Hell to change by myself.
Besides, when you put 35's or larger on your everyday vehicle we'll talk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home