Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm Hip

Damn. I was talking about the dog trying to kill me and almost took myself out.
At work yesterday I was using a rolling cart. It's rectangular with two sides about waist high. One of the sides came loose and I stepped up on the cart to get some leverage to fix it.
Well, the cart started rolling. I thought, "I used to ride a skateboard, I'll just fix the cart and ride it out."
The cart turns at one end... The uphill end. So, the cart starts to spin, and I'm hanging on... No worries, it's kind of fun.
Once the cart is sideways it hit something on the ground that stopped it, so instead of rolling it's now flipping over. I can't step off because the inertia is pushing me to an edge with the waist high side.
My feet got tangled in one side while the opposite side hit me in the gut and pushed me over backward.
Lucky for me I know how to fall, so I just tucked and rolled, but I hit the ground hip first and man did that hurt.
I was bruised bad enough I couldn't do my four mile walk last night. I took Jack to the dog park and he went crazy for a couple of hours, so I did at least get to sleep last night.
I hit the gym this morning and did OK, but damn that hurt.

1 Comments:

At July 25, 2008 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably a good thing you don't work at the grocery store anymore...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home