Saturday, July 26, 2008

Random Thought

I've been in kind of a bad mood lately. I've been doing the whole bipolar thing for a while, and the week before was pretty good... This week not so much.
Work has been slow. My personal life has been non-existant. I have one really good friend locally, and most of the time I wonder why he puts up with me.
Three mornings a week I do the gym thing, the other mornings Jack and I do the dog park.
It's nice. It's not crowded at all at 7am. We climb in the Jeep while the Texas morning is still damp enough to be somewhat cool and drive down 6th st. through an almost deserted downtown. All the bars are closed and the sidewalks are empty save the bus stops and the homeless.
At the park the lot is always full of jogger's cars, but I can squeeze the Jeep in somewhere.As soon as we cross the South 1st st. bridge Jack starts bouncing around in the back... He knows.
The smells start to relax me even before we park. The grass, the river, whatever the hell is blooming at any given time... The dog poop. Hey, it's all part of the experience.
Sometimes I grab a tennis ball out of the Jeep, but most of the time we find one or two on the riverbank.
I don't know why I bother with that though, because most of the time he's too preoccupied to chase it. You know, things to sniff, things to pee on... Most of the time the same things.
As for me it's just nice to stand in the shadow of the city listening to the birds and the wind in the trees knowing that my day has yet to go to Hell.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 26, 2008 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just found your card with this address on it..i met you awhile back downtown i was with tom blumer..anyway cool writings..sounds like you are writing about me. lol..did you know tom is rich and owns a house and big boat on the beach in florida.? if you ever talk to him please tell him to get in touch with chris from the brick plant.
thanks

 
At July 26, 2008 7:30 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

Wow. I lost touch with Tom and his family last year. Entirely my fault too. Glad to hear he's doing well.
If I figure out how to get in touch with him I'll tell him you asked about him.

 
At July 28, 2008 9:38 AM, Blogger Bag Blog said...

City life is so interesting. Here, I just let the dogs run wild.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home