Monday, July 14, 2008

Revolting Situation

July 14th marks the anniversary of the storming of the Bastille and the beginning of the French revolution.
Here in Austin is the French Legation, built as an embassy to the Republic of Texas in 1841.
Saturday night was the Bastille day celebration at the French Legation. It's only about a mile from my house, and yet I'd never been there. When a friend of mine invited me out, I decided it would be a pleasant way to spend the evening.
There was wine and food and a silent auction. I had no wine, I didn't eat, and I bid on nothing. I did however juggle with some of the entertainers, listen to French and Creole music and laugh at the French cars (One Citroen had a flat two cylinder engine).
I got there around 8pm so it wasn't too hot and it was actually nice in the shade.
I do have to say, they had the worst imitation guillotine I've ever seen, and the guy opperating it was wearing a striped polo shirt and a lone ranger mask... But it was pretty funny seeing all the people going up to get their pictures taken with their head on the block.

I came straight from work, so I didn't bring my camera. All photos were taken by my buddy M.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 15, 2008 9:51 AM, Blogger Bag Blog said...

Sounds like it was a good excuse for a party.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home