Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Shadow Knows

Jack is trying to kill me. I see fairly well in the dark. Always have. Because of that I rarely turn on lights if I get up in the middle of the night.
I may not be able to make out details, or read, but I see shapes and layouts just fine. I can make out doors, coffee tables, toilet vs bathroom floor, handle on the fridge, &tc.
What I can't see is that damn dog. He blends into the shadows, pads around almost as quiet as I do and tends to stand right in front of or just behind me.
I have bumped him. I have kicked him. I have stepped on him. I have very nearly fallen headlong over him. That little son of a bitch is solid, and because he is afraid of nothing he doesn't duck, flinch or shy away, which means the next time I go to the fridge or the bathroom in the middle of the night may be my last.
Maybe I need one of these.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 22, 2008 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great minds... I was reading your post thinking, "He needs a glow in the dark collar..." and then you posted a link.

Most definitely...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home