Saturday, August 23, 2008

That Stinks

Last night, Jack and I were lounging on the back porch when his ears rotated front. He was off the porch like a shot. I figured one of the neighborhood cats was wandering around in the bamboo.
Next thing I heard was "chitter-chitter-chitter", and Jack came back into the light with a very comical surprised look on his face and he started pawing at his muzzle.
Well, I recognized that chitter and I thought "Oh, God, please no."
Then it hit me. That nasty rotten lime smell. Jack had rounded on a skunk in my back yard.
Lucky for all involved, save possibly the skunk, it was in the bamboo, so Jack only got a small hit on the side of his face and not a full spray.
As quickly as I could I got Jack in the tub and with a little irish spring and some Suave strawberry scented shampoo we managed to get the smell off of him.
Have you ever tried to wash a dog's face? Nobody in that bathroom was happy about that.
Jack may think twice about chasing black and white cats now.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At August 24, 2008 1:44 AM, Blogger DammitWomann said...

You need to keep tomato juice on hand, in case Jack really gets sprayed. Wash him in that and the smell will dissapate. Funny post though.

 
At August 28, 2008 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well not only can I not picture washing a dog's face, I'm struggling to picture me washing a dog's face with... irish spring and strawberry scented shampoo. So he smelled like strawberries in a crisp clean Irish field? :)

 
At August 28, 2008 4:39 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

Hey, you use what you have on hand. And yes his head did smell nice for a few hours. Then he went back to smelling like a dog.

 
At September 04, 2008 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a buddy at work that field tests bird dogs. He got it bad at a test one day. Said he was showering in tomato juice but no luck on erasin' the stink.

He told me one of the Lady owners of the huntin' dogs told him go give up on the tomato juice. Use F.D.S.

Another buddy of mine had a skunk bomb go off in his garage. He tried washin' and tomatoin' to now success either. I told him what my first buddy passed on to me. He sent his wife out, and told me the next day, it was gone.

My two ran the back door one night, went ape shit on one, and both of 'em caught a face full of fragrance from Pepe Le'Pew. Good Lord... I asked the wife to go and retrieve the cans from the store, which she glady did because, anything to get out of the house at that point was a blessing. Once applied. Sink denied. It's what that stuff for man... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home