Monday, September 15, 2008

Hurrican't

Well. That was unpleasant. Hurricane Ike made a brief appearance here in Austin. Saturday the wind blew a little. I put the top up on the Jeep.
No rain.
By the time I got home on Saturday evening the sun was shining. I took the top off.
I took Jack to the park and then went to M's house for a few drinks.
A couple of hours later we opened the front door to see my Jeep filling with water in his driveway. Damn.
I crashed there that night and put garbage bags on the seat to drive home in the morning.
We got it easy. Galveston, not so much. It's hard to feel bad for people who chose to stay, but face it, I probably would have been one of them. Worse yet the folks who came to Austin and elsewhere and don't know if they even have homes anymore.

Rumor has it that the shelters have started turning out people who have no where to go yet. Rumor continues that said people are faking breakdowns on the interstate and robbing those who stop to help. So much for being a good Samaritan. I would advise these would be thieves (if they indeed even exist) that I am not safe to try to rob. You will get to stay inside (inside a hospital, that is) for a while though.

On top of which I had no takers on my free shelter deal. Some people are so picky.

9 Comments:

At September 15, 2008 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you know... you had some pretty stiff criteria there. :)

 
At September 15, 2008 4:57 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

What? There was a close to 20 year age span, The red hair thing was optional, the cat thing was because of Jack (not really) and hot is subjective. I thought I was fairly lenient. The only thing I was firm on was single.

 
At September 15, 2008 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the single is a must. The hot thing though... I don't know any woman who thinks she's hot. Even my prettiest girlfrieds don't see it.

And I was teasing. It was just funny, age group, red head, no cats, hot. The whole list sounded like something my brother would say, which is what made it even funnier.

 
At September 15, 2008 9:15 PM, Blogger DammitWomann said...

Woos...........red hair optional? Jeez........... only REAL men can handle redheads. You have been fore-warned..........

 
At September 15, 2008 9:53 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

darlin', I've been more than forewarned. I married one.
Still prefer them, but beggars and all that...

 
At September 15, 2008 10:08 PM, Blogger DammitWomann said...

LOL - remember....what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
I know how tuff we are on men.. and only the strongest can survive... My last hubby only lastest 24 years and he was 6'5" and a giant of a man.

 
At September 16, 2008 1:42 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

24 YEARS! Jesus. I only made it 5... plus a couple of weeks.

 
At September 16, 2008 1:44 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

Oh, and Bou, I know you were teasing. It was meant to be funny... Not that i'd have turned down any takers... and I know that there are still some displaced single women out there... Just sayin'

 
At September 19, 2008 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oink to the age range........
You ain't a young pup yourself there Baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home