Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Wine Makes Us Princes...

...Love makes us beggars. -Wycherly

Last night I loaded Jack in the Jeep and we made a return to Uncorked.
The back deck was deserted on this Labor Day night, but the hostess had Jack a bowl of water before I could sit down.
I gave her my order, not realizing she was the hostess. She took it and off she went. I didn't realize my mistake until my waiter showed up with my wine. Most places the hostess will say "Your waiter will be right with you."
Nope, she took good care of me.
At the end of my visit, I gave her a rose that I just happened to have with me (Long Story).
The weather was cool and there was a nice breeze.
I had a few glasses of Educated Guess Cabernet and the meat platter. The platter was a lazy susan with prosciutto, Genoa salami, chorizo, Gouda cheese, Italian bread and some melon slices.
Perfect for munching along with Kipling's Just So Stories which I just happened to have with me (Different long story).
The platter was very filling and I even shared quite a bit with Jack.
After I was just about full I asked about ports. I am a big fan of good port. Our waiter brought me samples of a Spanish and an Australian port type wine. The Australian stuff was quite good, so I finished up the night with a glass of Dustchke (pronounced Dootch-key). It was a little sweet, but I survived nicely.
All in all a pleasant evening. Just about what I expected.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At September 03, 2008 8:38 AM, Blogger Bag Blog said...

My daughter was in Austin over the Labor Day weekend. She got to see Ray Wylie Hubbard - I was so jealous. She mentioned something about "chicken shit bingo" but the story was vague. Ah, to be in Austin - the center of culture in Texas!

 
At September 03, 2008 9:33 AM, Blogger Bag Blog said...

P.S. My daughter posted some pics of your town http://www.skybag.blogspot.com/

 
At September 03, 2008 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Wine makes us Princes. Love makes us beggers."

Then again, sometimes love only makes us "Whiney"......

Speaking of myself, not you, don't go all Knine on me......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home