Monday, November 03, 2008

Up Chukker

Yesterday I spent a rah-thur pleasant afternoon at the Austin Polo club. There were several of my friends there. We had a wide variety of beer, snacks, real food, and mimosas. We lounged under a small tent, ate, drank and were quite merry.
Between matches we went out onto the pitch and stomped divots. It was all quite civilized.

After it was over a couple of us stayed late, drinking champagne and discussing polo, among other things, with the lovely woman who arranged the whole thing.

*A chukker is a period of polo play lasting 7.5 minutes.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 03, 2008 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.... sounds very civilized...... hope that the divots were not steaming, though..... I saw that once in a movie, I believe.....

Eric

 
At November 04, 2008 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get your speedo ready...

Its not been called yet, but FL is going to Obama. It'll seal the rest of the race. Makes me physically ill...

 
At November 04, 2008 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wake me when it's over. As if it weren't bad enough......a furry Speedo.........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home