Friday, February 13, 2009

Give Me The Willys

This, to me, is just a beautiful thing. On the route I drive to get to the park to run is a building with several body shops and car painting places. There are usually some neat vehicles out front in various states of repair and restoration. I've been watching this baby for several months, and they are just about done with her. (That's my Jeep in the background)This is a 1940's Willys Jeep, and it is a sweet thing indeed... I just wonder where she's been and the things she's done.
I would love to climb behind the wheel and take her home with me.
The paint job isn't exactly the color I would have chosen, but they did rhino line the interior. A beautiful thing indeed.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 15, 2009 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever see Daddy's? It's actually a truck. I LOVE that thing! We would drive over trees that had fallen after a storm or through huge ditches and keep on going. I actually learned to drive in it. Now that was an adventure. We'd head down Pop's road (now my driveway) and every time I changed gears I run into the ditch. Power steering, power brakes, what's that!?!?!?
Let's just say Disney's Magic Mountain had nothing on those rides! After that the Cobra was a breeze!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home