Friday, July 16, 2010

Dog And Pony Part Deux

I hurt all over. Jack is about to be introduced to a shock collar. Really. The hand of God is all that damn mutt will understand.
Went riding again today... Much worse than last time. Jack decided to attack Ari at random, usually while we were stopped.
I never got thrown, although I am amazed at Ari's ability to reverse with great control, and keep me aboard while trying to kick the crap out of my dog who, God help me, deserves it.
Jack got a pretty severe scolding... Just before repeating the exact same behavior that will probably get one of us killed.
Sadly, not him.
I hurt due to using muscles to stay on Ari that I wouldn't normally use.
Bright side, eventually there won't be a horse in the world that can throw me. Bright side two, I got to see how fast my horse really is. It's sort of like riding a bolt of lightning that can turn on a dime and avoid obstacles. Makes motocross seem like an interstate cruise. Cripes.
So, now it's three am and I can't sleep because my shoulder and legs hurt despite the bottled wild turkey.
Any input on dogs, horses and/or shock collars?
I'm too old for this crap.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At July 17, 2010 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack! What a little muffin...give him a scratch behind the ear from me!

 
At July 17, 2010 8:29 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

Because he's cute, or because he's actively trying to kill me again?

 
At July 20, 2010 10:12 AM, Blogger patti said...

Curious, I came from Bou's to take a peak - I too live in NC, probably a little further west than you and in a small city (not town)
I too have a herding dog - well two and they are corgis
I too have a pony - well two and one is indeed a pony, the other a paint

 
At July 20, 2010 12:53 PM, Blogger patti said...

oops :) My mama doesn't know I have a blog....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home