Sunday, January 16, 2011

iPhucked

I'm back from three weeks in New York city. Manhattan. 42nd St. It was nice. I enjoyed myself quite immensely. Lots to write about, starting tomorrow.
Right now, I'm still pissed.
The night before I leave, my iPhone won't charge. The morning before I go, I head off to the apple store with my now dead phone.
More dead than I imagined. Can't charge it. Also can't retrieve data from it.
data such as: PICTURES!
Gone... all gone.
Statue of Liberty - gone
From the top of the Empire State Building at 1am - gone
The Cloister - gone
The Museum of Natural History, The Museum of Modern Art, Madam Tussuad's, Snow in Central Park at midnight - all gone.
Bright side: I got a new phone at no charge.
If you have an iPhone and you take pictures, back that bad boy up every night on your computer, otherwise...
Gone.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 25, 2011 8:14 PM, Blogger Corsair, The Mostly Harmless said...

Oh, that SUCKS. Went to N.Y. City twice in 2009, and took pics everywhere I went (While I am more a mountain canyon guy, than concrete, figured I better see the place before some yahoo drives a nuke up the Hudson). I could have easily spent three weeks there, as long as I didn't have to drive (those folks are INSANE). Got pretty good navigating the subway, and the only real disappointment was being years too late to go to CBGB's before the joint closed.

Still, wasn't sad to leave..

Larry in Rochester

 

Post a Comment

<< Home