Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Blogging

I left my reasonably safe home north of Charlotte to come stay with Ma in northeastern NC. She didn't want to leave her home at 87, so I figured having an able bodied man and a 4x4 handy would be a good deal.
Her house is surrounded by 100 foot tall pine trees, and she lost a lot of the old oaks to Isabell a few years back.
The wind is up, and gusting fairly high, but no worries. I think we'll see worse in a few hours, then it will be over and I'll go home.
Right now, there's still power and we have water and food 'just in case". good luck to everyone else in the path.

2 Comments:

At August 27, 2011 1:30 PM, Anonymous Bou said...

I think y'all will be OK. It's not coming in as strong as they suspected and this time it's the storm surge that is going to be so nasty. Every storm brings something uniquely nasty.

Here's to you keeping power!

 
At August 27, 2011 4:31 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

What's funny is my sister (where we wanted ma to go) has no power, but everything is fine here... I moved the Jeep into an open field with no trees though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home