Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Where The Magic Happens

As some of you may know, I'm restoring a victorian house here in the Carolinas. It's a lot of work, but it's a labor of love. The first room I completed was my study. My happy place. The war room as the Red Queen has called it.

When the world gets to be too much... When I'm writing... When I need time to think and breathe... When I need to be in touch with my creative side...

I come and sit and read. I surf the net. I watch movies on my computer. I sort and scan old photos and documents. I research for my novel. I smoke a cigar and drink bourbon. Sometimes I just sit.
It's my home inside my home. It's MY place. The Red Queen has no rule here. Sanctuary.
Blogging is sort of a narcissitic activity anyway... I thought I'd open the door a little wider. Come in, won't you?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At September 21, 2011 11:39 PM, Anonymous Bou said...

That is VERY cool! Is that an old dental chair? Barber chair?

 
At September 22, 2011 12:10 AM, Blogger K-nine said...

Physician's chair. Made between 1890-1904. It will raise/lower, lean back/forward, tilt to either side and recline to a completely flat surface.

This room makes me happy.

 
At September 26, 2011 12:25 AM, Blogger Elisson said...

Ah, a Sweeney Todd Swivel-Seat. Lovely... and functional.

Seriously, an excellent bloggy hideaway. Enjoy it, Sir!

 
At September 26, 2011 11:07 AM, Blogger K-nine said...

Attend the tale of Sweeney Todd.
His skin was pale and his eye was odd.
He shaved the faces of gentlemen
who never thereafter were heard of again.
He trod a path that few have trod
did Sweeney Todd
the demon barber of fleet street.
He kept a shop in London town.
Of fancy clients and good renown
and what if none of their souls were saved
they went to their maker impecably shaved.
By Sweeney,
by Sweeney Todd
the demon barber of fleet street.

 
At October 18, 2011 9:06 PM, Anonymous Jeff said...

You can't fight in here.....this is the war room!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home