Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Big Ten Inch

Records.
In with all the photos and papers I've been saving I found a stack of old vinyl 78's from the late 40's and 50's.  My turntable (yes, I have a turntable) only does 33 and 45 like most modern record players...  
Then, for Christmas, Santa managed to get me a vinyl to CD recorder. He even managed to find one that looks like an old wireless (so it looks good in my war room), and it plays all three speeds!  
There's Tex Ritter and Little Booker and Happy Wilson. There's also Roy Rogers and Sons of the Pioneers and Gene Autry.
Then, while visiting a friend who runs an online auction house I found he had a small stack of 78's from the mid 40's.
I've been working my way through the country western, big band, blues and classical singles trying to categorize enough to burn on to CD's that don't just sound like mish-mash.  It's a work in progress (as if I didn't have enough to do), but its a labor of love.


Side note, posting will be on the increase again as a few of my other projects have come to and end and the holidays are over.

3 Comments:

At January 18, 2012 11:01 PM, Anonymous Bou said...

OH! I should get one for a certain person who has ALL his vinyl... stored in our bedroom. I got him a record player one year. I need to get him one of these! Holy cats!

BTW, speaking of old things. Did you see my latest post and what I found in Joe's house? Can you identify that black thing?

 
At January 18, 2012 11:14 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

It's a great toy. I also found that many people will offer to give you their album collection if you'll burn it to disk for them.

 
At January 25, 2012 2:39 PM, Blogger KeesKennis said...

Burn Dog Burn
I am hitting 200,000 visits in the next 20 hours or so.
If you’re no is no 200,000 I will spend a whole post slagging you and why you should not be the next president. Now that is worth more than 200,000 of Sierra Leone, leones.
So as they say in Chicago and Freetown, visit soon and visit again and again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home