Wednesday, January 04, 2012

What A Caricature

I met John Cox formerly of Cox&Forkum fame two summers ago at the Hysterics at Eric's birthday bash in rural Tennessee.  Weird dude.  Loads of fun, and one hell of an artist...
Anyway...  TRQ saw this youtube video over at Jimbo's place featuring an interview with John and recognized John's talent for what it was.  She asked me if I thought John would do a caricature of me for her.
I scratched my head and mumbled something along the lines of: "I don't really know him that well...  wouldn't want to impose... &tc."  So she dropped it.
Inside my head was:  "Ding, ding, ding!  Christmas present!"
So, I called John and he was 100% in.  He chose a picture by the lovely and amazing Erica Sherman (also a hysterics guest) of me in my bowler cap and turned it into a super amazing gift.  I (and Red) could not be more pleased.  Click the caption to see the original photo.
by:  John Cox 

2 Comments:

At January 18, 2012 11:03 PM, Anonymous Bou said...

He is so amazing. I can barely draw a straight line. My hands just don't do what my brain envisions. I love his work.

 
At January 21, 2012 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... very, very cool...... what a great gift!...

Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home