Sunday, December 04, 2005

Steamy Videos

I may have crossed a line. I know I am eccentric, (to say the least) but this is new.
I love old movies. I have a quickly growing collection of classics on DVD. I have Bogie & Bacall, Steve McQueen, Paul Newman and more. War movies, westerns, and just good old fashioned drama.
Ever since they figured out that I was stealing cable, and cut me off, I have had only eight channels... And two of them are in Spanish. So, I watch movies instead. I decided to go out and buy a few of my old favorites to keep, because there have been piteously few good movies made in the last ten years or so.
I started out with some "must have" movies. The Great Escape. Casablanca. The Magnificent Seven. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. The Hustler. It just grew from there. I watch movies at night before I go to bed, while I clean house, when I'm bored.
Now, I love electronic equipment. I put my stereo together piece by piece. Tuner/amplifier, 60 disk CD player, dual cassette deck, hi-fi VCR, DVD player, turntable... Yes, turntable. I still love my vinyl. My TV plays through my stereo.
In the bedroom I have another setup. Tuner/amp, 5 disk DVD/CD player, speakers mounted in the corners for surround sound. I can put in two movies and three music disks and change it all without ever getting out of bed. This is still not the weird part.
A friend of mine was getting rid of a little 13" color TV, so I took it off his hands. I have a one bedroom apartment, and already had three TV sets, so I put this one in the bathroom. It comes in handy as I can watch the news/weather/traffic in the morning while I shower. Still not the weird part.
Last night while out and about I saw a DVD player for 29 bucks. HMMmm. $29 is pretty good even if it's crap. I also found Resevoir Dogs on DVD for $5.99. So a couple of hours later, I was sitting in a tub full of hot water, drinking a cold beer, watching Mr. Blonde pour gasoline all over a bleeding cop before being gunned down by a gutshot Mr. Orange. This is weird. Isn't it?
I guess this week I have to see if I can find Psycho on DVD so I can watch the shower scene... in the shower.

Oh, and if anyone is trying to figure out what to get me for Christmas, I have been eyeing the Looney Toons Golden Series vol 1, 2 & 3 on DVD, (the classics... pre 1960) but can't find them in any stores around here. I also don't own any of the Star Wars movies... Widescreen version, by the way.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 04, 2005 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Nice. You beat me by a long shot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home