Thursday, January 19, 2006

Trailer Trash

Soooo... My boss at work had this WW box trailer. 14 footer. It got stolen. Four years ago. He had only had it a month or so and "poof" it was gone. Well, after the hurricane in Loseranna, a lot of contractors headed east from Texas to make a few quik bucks. One of them got pulled over in Seguin off I-10. He was pulling my boss's stolen trailer.
Long story short I got detailed to go pick it up from the cops down there since Seguin is only an hour and a half south of Austin. So I got all the paperwork and went to the impound yard to get it. The previous "owner" had made some modifications. My light hookup won't fit the trailer's. Great. So I hook up and get to the gate of the lot and I'm stopped so they can take off the old plates. No tags, no lights. Now, I'm shooting the shit with the cop and he politely points out that my regestration sticker is out. I tell him I'll get it fixed and I take off.

I'm rolling along I-35 basicly driving a brick with wheels (my Jeep), hauling a stolen 14' box trailer that's WAY to big for it, no lights, no tags, with an expired registration when I look over and see an shiny black unmarked Crown Vic. The cop inside is eyeballing me, with my bushy goatee, my black leather biker jacket and dark sunglasses. I'm trying not to pay any attention to him, but I see him reaching for the lights. I'm sweating like Mike Tyson at a spelling bee.

Out of nowhere this gold Mercedes zips by me on the right and disappears over the hill. The lights on the Crown Vic pop on and he is off and gone.

I kept right on driving.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At January 19, 2006 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, sweet justice.

 
At January 21, 2006 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, I would like to note that I was not in the car........

 
At January 21, 2006 7:23 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

Hey JRB (aka anonymous) That's why I didn't get pulled over, get a ticket, end up in jail or wreck anything.

 
At January 22, 2006 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most likely..........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home