Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Beer Tagged

I have a stupid little thing I do when I'm out for a drink and in a wierd mood. When the bartender asks what I want, I answer "Something just like me, cold dark alcoholic and just slightly bitter". This usually evokes the response of "Huh?" At which point I ask for a Guinness. Most bar people get it. Some even know to just get me a Vitamin G without my asking for one. I know it's silly and juvenile, but I don't care.
I was at the Ginger Man not long ago and in one of my moods. Gingerman has tons of beer on tap. Dark, light. Stouts, ales, pilsners. I proped myself against the bar and the barmaid came over and asked, "What'll ya have?" I started off, "Something just like me..." at which point she held up her hand palm out, sized me up and down with that vertical scan all good barmaids have, looked straight into my baby blues and said...

with conviction...

"Arrogant Bastard."

Labels:

5 Comments:

At April 18, 2006 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but did it agree with you?

; )

 
At April 19, 2006 10:58 AM, Blogger K-nine said...

Sadly, I had also recieved Arogant Bastard for Christmas one year from a friend who thought it was apropriate. It may be, I really do like it... although it is definately not an everyday beer.

 
At April 19, 2006 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Props to you for relaying the story. I thought it was very funny. A lot of men wouldn't own up to it.

; )

PS Look forward to meeting you next weekend.

 
At April 19, 2006 5:15 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

That, my dear, really is a true story... pretty much word for word. The stories where I take a beating are some of my favorites, and (for the most part) my funniest ones. I'm just not the kind of guy (anymore, although I once was) to tell the story of how I beat the odds and am such a hero. There are already too many braggarts in the world, and I am glad I have left their ranks.

 
At April 20, 2006 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and when exactly did you depart??????? Slipped it by me!

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home