Saturday, April 15, 2006

Deserve's Got Nuthin' To Do With It

I can sum up the main problem with the United States if not the world in one word. Entitlement. The firm belief that some people (maybe even most people) have that they are owed something. Rights. It's my right. Give me my due.

I have been robbed twice in a little over a week. The cops showed up at my house last night because my neighbors saw someone jump my fence. They were going to try to hit me again, and I was at home. Why would someone be so blatent? Because I have more than they do, and they feel it's OK to take part of it. After all I won't miss it, I have so much, I make more money, I can buy more to replace it.

You know why I have more money, more stuff? I gave up my life for it. I work 60-70 and sometimes 80 hours a week for it. I have no wife, no girlfriend, no dog. I have a few friends whom I rarely get to see because I'm at work. I missed the opening game Red Sox vs Rangers (free ticket) because I was at work. I visit my family, my 81 year old mother less than once a year because I'm at work. I do this blog from work. My house got robbed last Tuesday while I was at work. I suppose the robber doesn't have a job because he robbed me during business hours. He doesn't need a job, I gave him a guitar, three bottles of whiskey and a jar full of change, because I wasn't at home. I gave him a CD player and some tools because I have a Jeep with no top. He was coming back to make another withdrawal from the bank of Knine... Maybe a DVD player or a TV.

That's one of the biggest things that kills me about all the politicians for this "undocumented worker amnesty" bullshit. "They do the work Americans won't do" Well you pompus piece of offal, the reason American's won't do it is because we pay them not to. Why in Hell do we have unemployment at the same time we have "jobs that American's won't do"? Because we have created a generation of "entitled people". They want their welfare check. They want their unemployment benefits. The government owes me. You owe me. Illegal aliens want the right to break the law. We owe it to them because we took Texas and Arizona and California away from them 160 years ago. We owe people of African decent reperations because of an institution that ended 140 years ago.
I have a question, What the fuck have you done to rise above what happened to your ancestors? As far as I'm concerned the only thing you're entitled to is the same thing I'm entitled to... What you earn.

If you want stuff like mine, get off your ass and earn it, don't try to take mine... because if I catch you trying to take mine, I am going to try to make you pay very dearly indeed. I will try to make you pay for every shit job I've done, every asshole boss, every missed weekend, every angry customer who yelled at me. Right now jackoff, the only thing I owe you is a beating.

*Bonus points if you know where this post's title came from.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At April 16, 2006 4:35 AM, Blogger Walrilla said...

Right on, brother!

 
At April 16, 2006 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colonel Jerry USMC(ret.)

Real sorry K-nine. I was also home robbed twice here in the Sierra Nevada forest CA where I live. First one I am at work. Bastards took checks/mastercard, weapons, fight headset and some other stuff. Called bank put stop on checks/credit card. That night thieves attempted to buy jewelry from diamond shop on card. 2 weeks later tried to cash check in fuking Frisco/GOT ARRESTED!!!
Fucking Friso judge sentences to pay me back,get parole officer assigned +probation....grrrrrrrr
NATCH, they skip. I get nuttin.

Second robbery much more fun! I twist ankle feedin Appaloosas real bad/tuff to walk. Am asleep in bedroom mid-day when hear kitchen door being pounded real hard fm open garage. Grab 1860 Colt .44cal revolver and hobble to kitchen. Only thing holding door now is deadbolt. Plan: get behind door and when breaks pistol-whip robber. EXCEPT, while trying to get there door breaks and big dude stumbles in til his nose is about 2 inches fm my cocked .44! Was almost spooked because had never heard a big man scream in sophrano?? Dude jumps back into garage(which in effin CA means I cannot kill...)and runs down long driveway to connecting road. I cannot pursue/ankle.... But am Code RED mad. So I decide he may not be running up to his real potential and fire 2 shots just to his left and 2 more just to his right. I was right! Dude reveals olympic class running ability!!!!

To my utter amazement local Barney Fife`s catch the bastard? I put his sorry ass in jail.

But the real thing that bothered me was not the physical theft losses, but the violation of my "sanctuary, my home..."

Bet you feel the same.

 
At April 16, 2006 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colonel Jerry USMC(ret.)

I`m thinkin Jonah Goldberg for title?

 
At April 16, 2006 10:17 PM, Blogger DailyDoc said...

Wow, Katie and I had almost the same discussion coming home from work on Friday, without the larceny, though.

Sorry to hear about what's happened. The thieves should've tried to break in on you sleeping on the couch in the Shanda Drive apt. when you kept a gun under your pillow. They would have learned the power of the second amendment then, my friend.

The quote is from when Clint Eastwood kills Gene Hackman in "Unforgiven", but you probably figured I'd know that.

 
At April 17, 2006 11:07 AM, Blogger K-nine said...

Ding-ding-ding! We have a winnahh! Doc, for winning our little contest you win a year's free subscription to my blog, with unlimited page views.
OK, I'm a jackass... but we all knew that, right?

Unfortunately I've gone back to sleeping with a little noisemaker again, and I don't mean a stripper from one of the naked lunch specials. One cop told me to "let us handle it, we're the proffesionals" the other one told me "Do what you've gotta do to protect yourself" I'm gonna take #2's advice... and have an alarm system installed... one that doesn't require me to pull the trigger.

 
At April 17, 2006 2:01 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

You're right Col. It is a violation, feels kind of like a kick in the nards. I want to put this guy in jail, almost as much as I want to put him in the hospital.

 
At April 07, 2011 10:13 PM, Anonymous Fernando Severns said...

We can't change the way robbers think. They're already inclined to take life the easy way at the expense of others. So it's really up to us if we want to be a victim or not. We have to stand up on our own feet and protect our lives or belongings ourselves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home