Thursday, August 31, 2006

Behind Blue Eyes

Sunday.
I just need to make it to Sunday.
August has been rough. This summer has been rough. This whole year has been rough. I can see the light. Financial woes are fading. Sleepless nights and stress filled days are coming to an end. I am not completely out of the woods yet, but to quote the Beatles, "I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time."
I am still on the wagon, with a brief hiatus for my birthday. I still seem to be losing weight, but I am afraid to check because my idea of eating healthy is that I will only go to McDonald's once a day. I have an opportunity to join 24 hour fitness gym for free, and am debating being healthy versus being lazy.
If the money situation gets right I will head back to Carolina to see Ma in September, but I won't jinx that by talking about it. I have been working 6 and sometimes 7 days a week for over a year now. My last vacation was before I started this blog... A month before.
Sunday. Sunday I will sleep in. I will listen to Hank Williams Sr. while I cook a breakfast of fresh eggs, Virginia ham my sister sent me and a couple of biscuits with homemade preserves (also from my big sister). After that I don't know. Maybe dominoes at the pub, maybe I'll wander around Zilker Park. Don't know, don't care.
I just need to make it to Sunday.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 31, 2006 11:22 PM, Blogger Walrilla said...

Dude, you can make it. I got faith in ya.

 
At September 01, 2006 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see that East Carolina football over there. Now who are they - a high school team near your house?
Before the season starts I'd just like one more chance to say -
"Appalachian State University -
aka 2005 NCAA national champions. I have to say it quick because they open against NCSU tomorrow and State's jerseys may be red in the end for a variety of reasons.
Go Mountaineers! (Your pirate dresses kind of funny too. I mean what respectable hellion would wear yellow and purple?????? Real men wear BLACK)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home