Monday, August 14, 2006

It's My Party...

It's almost my birthday again. I don't think I'll ever get comfortable with my birthday. I've tried hiding, I've tried running, I've even tried just letting it happen and celebrating. The last few years have been OK. Mornings I do something fun, evenings I drink, nights I stay at a nice hotel. Not this year. Saturday morning I'll work. I am currently on the wagon. (Close your mouth, you look foolish) I have only had three or four beers over the last four months, and I have lost 15-20 pounds and no, I have not quit for good, just for now. Since I only live two miles from the hotel where I normally stay, I will probably just go home. No need to hide this year, it's hiding from me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At August 17, 2006 11:32 AM, Blogger Omnibabe said...

Embrace the birthday, Dude. Life just gets better and better, you know!

 
At August 17, 2006 12:58 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

Not anymore than a candybar does. The less you have left, the better it seems to be.

Bah! Just ignore me, I seem to become more of a grump and a grouch around hollidays and my B-day.

 
At August 18, 2006 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not possible, please don't believe him........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home