Saturday, November 25, 2006

Backyard Brawl

Game Day!
ECU @ NC State
We need to win this one.
Screw Navy, Screw Tulsa, Screw Rice.
This is the home state rivalry.
The Wolfpack needs to go down.
7:00 eastern at Carter-Finley Stadium in Raleigh
Where it will be a...
First Down... PIRATES!
I wish I had tix since I happen to be here in NC,
but Ma would probably be mad if I left the family
To go to a football game.
Sorry, No picture due to dialup.
21-16 PIRATES!
WOO-HOOOOOOO!
Paint this one purple boyos!
Didn't State beat Appalachian? I guess that settles that.
It was a pain getting the score on this one because my Ma has dial up, so I couldn't watch it on the computer, and it was on ESPN-U so it wasn't on a TV station I could get here, so I had to rely on the crawler on the bottom of the screen durring the MD/Wake game. Worth it though... Did I mention WOOO-HOOOOooooooooo!!
UPDATE!
Holy crap! We got a bowl bid. Woo-f'n-Hooooo! The Papa John's Bowl! The Papa John's... What? Papa John's? OK. Screw it, a bowl is a bowl. We were the first team ever picked for the Papa John's bowl. I wonder who we play? Some big east team. I'll keep you updated, I guess.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At November 29, 2006 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hippies - 2nd round National Championship (2005 Champs)

ECU Pizza Bowl wildcard. So much I could say, but it all just seems so, well, cheesy....

Truth be told I pull for anyone against the flea bitten wolves, so I have to admit, I was doing some cheering for the purple team during that one.

 
At November 29, 2006 6:57 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

The Pirates still beat a team that the hippies lost to, and then The hip ones never played another big team. ECU played the #4 team in the country. Nyah.

 
At November 30, 2006 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like some pepperoni pizza with that whine?

 
At November 30, 2006 9:15 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

Whine Hell. We played good teams and had an overall winning season. We beat a team that crushed you. I'm freakin' bragging. If your team had played anyone worth a damn AND beat them, then I might whine. No pride in being champion if all you do is play inferior competitors. Better to play above your level and lose than below it and win.

 
At December 01, 2006 7:21 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

You should be the expert on that I guess.

 
At December 03, 2006 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, that I can't deny. Well, I could, but then I'd be a fibbing whiner.
Semi-finals next Sat. in Boone.
Wonder if they'll have pizza there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home