Saturday, March 17, 2007

Old Dead Dogs And Irish Music

Happy St. Pat's. I realize that my blog has been pretty insubstantial lately. Sorry. I've been busy. I know that if this relationship is going to work, we both have to put in the effort. I can tell by my sitemeter that you are doing your part, checking in on me every day to see if I'm still alive. Sometimes I am. I have some wonderful half written pieces that I really can't wait to share.

Truth is, drabble (100 word stories) and the fluff pieces I do are easy. All I have to do for the Reel Lines is watch an old movie. I want to do more substantial stuff, but in order to make it substantial, I have to put in more effort. There just doesn't seem to be enough time.

I do this for fun. Sometimes it isn't. In a perfect world... Well... There's no such thing.

Tonight I will go to the pub. I'll drink too much and talk too loud. I may dance. I may not. I'll try not to think about all the stuff that fills my poor brain all day and night. Why don't you guys do the same? Monday we'll kiss and make up, and I'll do some real stuff around here for you. Promise.



And if you like the stuff I do, would it kill ya to say so?

The title of this post came from an internet search someone used that brought them to my site.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At March 19, 2007 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

About Monday.....I doubt it...
the game grows old and the players grow weary.........

 
At March 20, 2007 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... that pint looks nice.... very nice....

Eric

 
At March 20, 2007 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better to be Dead Dog Walkin', then flat dog flyin'... and what Eric said.

Bein' busy is one thing, not havin' shit in your hand... is another.

Mine, has been more of the latter, then the former. Everybody needs some shit in hand.

Save the world, pick up a dog turd.

'Neck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home