Saturday, September 01, 2007

The Hokie Pokie

Game Day!
Opening game of the season it's
The East Carolina Pirates
in Blacksburg Virginia to face
Virginia Tech's Hokies
Kickoff at 12:00 Eastern where it will be a...
First Down... PIRATES!
I was supposed to watch this down at the pub with my friend Steve (Hokie) but silly me forgot it was Labor Day weekend, so I have to labor. Sorry Steve. I already have the computer streaming WSFL 106.5 and the pregame is getting ready to start, so I'll be able to listen anyway.
Screw WSFL. Blacked out on the streaming. ESPN360.com baby! Watching the game on the computer at work.
10-7 Va Tech at the half
I can live with that.
17-7 final.
An inauspicious start to the new season.
I'd like to send my condolences to the students of Va Tech on the tragedy earlier this year.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 03, 2007 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These things happen. We'll share a pint some other time.

-Steve

 
At September 05, 2007 3:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, speechless? Certainly not.
Come on now my dear one....
Let's hear it....
HOW ABOUT THOSE MOUNTAINEERS?!?!?!?
....and I ain't talkin' about WV!!!

Appalachian State University Mountaineers 34

Michigan (formerly known as #5) 32

For such a Big House it certainly was quiet....well, except for section 9R.

"I said it's great
to be
a Mountaineer!"

That "cupcake" sure was a tough one.

Definitely worth the 11 hour trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home