Monday, November 05, 2007

Pod People

This is a cry for help. I am an audiophile. I love music. I listen to most everyting but hardcore rap and tejano. I have a stereo in my living room, master bedroom and office. There are speakers all over my house. I have disks, cassettes, and vinyl. I used to burn compilation disks to keep in my Jeep until all my protable cd players broke or got stolen.
I want an ipod or mp3 player. It has to have a high capacity (over 10,000 songs, non negotiable. I want ONE that will hold all my music.). I have no interest in a video screen (just one more thing easier to break) I do not like Apple, but will bend for the sake of the music. I do not want to have to take out a loan to get one. I have heard nightmare stories about unreplaceable batteries. Used is OK. Must be adaptable to the cassette deck in the Jeep as well as my home stereos. Water or weather proof is a plus.
I have read stuff on the intertubes. I have been to Best Buy and Circuit City. I still don't know a damn thing about them. It is almost time for me to get a new phone. Is it worth my while to get an iphone instead? (remember the capacity issue.) If not, I don't want an iphone.
Help me dear readers. Educate this poor 20th century holdout. Tell me good and bad, what to consider and what to avoid. Tell me, tell me, tell me.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At November 05, 2007 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know nothing of the iPod phone thing. Iphone I guess. Nothing.

But I think what you want is an iPod Classic. The 80Gig will do you. You don't have to download videos. You can download only songs. As a matter of fact, if you DON'T do vid, you have more room for music.

You can get them used... I think knew the 80G is like $250.

Email me and we'll rap. (Boudicah at hotmail dot com) I have an iPod mini (I don't even know if they make them anymore) and I love it. I listen to music in my car now with it and don't even bother with my CD player. And of course I run with it.

 
At November 06, 2007 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.... sorry, sir.... can't help you there....

Eric

 
At November 06, 2007 8:54 AM, Blogger rabbit said...

I love my I-pod. I have the 30 gig video model, but I never use the video. I've used about 10 gigs of my space and have about 2700 songs. I use an FM modulator in my truck that gives me great reception, except when I'm following the wife. She has one too and her's is powerful enough to break through mine if we're within a car length or two. I only have two problems. Number one, I have more available space on my I-pod than I do on my computer. I actually went out and bought a portable 80 gig drive to put my music on. Second, I-pod allows you to rate each song one to five but when I sync the pod the ratings don't ransfer to the computer. It would be nice to have upload and download functions when syncing the two.

 
At November 18, 2007 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I ain't got a pod to pee in, but, I've got a little 2 gig card in my phone that lets is play some music on one of those shitty little dime a dozen "speaker phones speakers". But, when you radio's broke in the rig, it's almost better than listenin' to gears whine.

'Neck

 
At November 18, 2007 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost forgot... I've got one of those little "pod" earphone things that sounds a shit load better than the speaker phone speaker. It works in a pinch, but it ain't water proof.

I got lucky with mine when I fell outta the got-damned boat fishin'.

'Neck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home