Thursday, March 27, 2008

Mostly Cloudy

I've been in a little bit of a funk lately. Things just don't seem to want to go the way I would like them to right now.
Work is kinda blah. The things that are claiming my attention right now are niggling little annoyances.
I have tried to crawl out from under my little gloomy cloud. I bought a new lawnmower, mowed my grass, carved out a couple of new flower beds in my yard and planted some Texas wildflowers.
I suppose I made a mistake by planting seeds instead of actual plants, because all I have to show for my work are bare patches of earth with just a few little green sprouts poping up. I'm trying to look at the bright side by telling myself that as they burst forth and grow I can watch the whole fascinating process. I planted a large mix, most of which were selected to attract butterflies and humming birds.
Speaking of humming birds I bought a nice little copper trimmed feeder to put on my back porch where I sit to smoke cigars, drink whiskey and listen to music. Havn't seen a single little bird. Most of the sugar water is gone, but since I'm rarely home durring the day it seems like an exercise in futility...
I also put out a goldfinch feeder (same porch) and I have seen a little activity there. Mostly brown sparrows and a few titmouses... Titmice? But since I live next to a little farm I assume my feeder is a bit superflous.
The weather here hasn't helped much the last few days either. Kinda gray and windy with no rain.
I tried to rearrange the furniture in the breakfast nook I use as a home office, but it will only fit one way, so I spent a couple of hours shredding old bills instead. If that doesn't depress you, I don't know what will.
So... Until the sun comes out, posting will be light.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home