Friday, May 09, 2008

Ask A Silly Question...

I know, I know... I'm supposed to be on hiatus or sabbatical or something, but duty calls.
When my readers ask for something, I can't deny them... Besides I started this.

Redneck writes, "I've got 3 Q's.
Had any squirrel problems lately?
What happened to your lunch time tittie bar posts?
Can you fly yet? ;)
Take care man."

I'm guessing that the first question has to do with the chipmunk story I told at the Austin blogmeet. It's a "kinda had to be there" story which while mildly amusing was catapulted into hilarity by interjections from Eric and one or two others.
The answer to that question is an unfortunate no. I no longer own a motorcycle, hang out with drug crazed freaks or drink myself to sleep in front of an open fire on a cliffside. I miss those days, but I was lucky to live through them the first time.
Although the other night I had a couple of glasses of 90 proof bourbon before bed. I awoke to see someone trying to see into my bedroom window. They were crouched low as though they were trying to see under the bamboo shades. I silently slid out of bed, retrieved my .380 and crept to the door in my bedroom that leads to my private porch where the windows are. I turned the lock slowly and grabbed the door knob. Steeled for almost anything I snatched the door open and jammed my pistol into the face of a huge black cat standing on my windowsill. He stared at me in my Guinness boxers, yowled, hissed, took a swipe at me and fled.
At least I've moved up from rodent to feline.


As to the second question... Work happened. I became a six and seven day a week warrior, for all the good it did me. I'll get back to that when (if ) I return.

The last question also refers to the blogmeet here. 'Neck offered a couple of times to toss my fuzzy butt off the Holiday Inn tower at town lake. Deserved I'm sure.
The answer: I sure hope so. The way my life is going I may find out really soon.

Thanks to all of you for your wishes and prayers. I sure can use them right now.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At May 11, 2008 5:12 PM, Blogger KeesKennis said...

Keep on barking man.

 
At May 12, 2008 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't go learning to fly just yet. The wife and I will be flying out there in August. The plans have already been set into motion.

 
At May 12, 2008 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. and Mrs. Rabbit, that is.

 
At May 12, 2008 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hell podna... Now, I can sleep at night. ;) I was just kiddin' 'bout the flyin' lessons...

 
At May 18, 2008 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.... glad to see you are still ticking on, bro..... that blogmeet was a GREAT time....

Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home