Thursday, July 31, 2008

Everything Falls Apart

Don't look now,
things just got worse
I'm drunk again,
I swear this blessing--is just a curse

I got here
by killing off all my friends
I think I figured it out
my life begins when the fun ends

I've got my wings,
I'm free to go as I please
Yeah, I got my wings,
now nothing really pleases me 'til

Everything falls apart,
then I get to
try to put it back together
Yeah it falls apart,
and you can count on that
you can count on bad, bad weather again

Was it good?
I don't remember much about it
When things start to feel right,
you can count on me to start to doubt it

The devil's not in the details,
No, the devil is in my pants and
It's shoot first, apologize later,
another quick end to a short shot romance

I got what I wanted,
now I don't want anything
I got what I wanted,
now my life is just boring 'til

Everything falls apart,
then I get to try to put it back together
Yeah it falls apart
and you can count on that,
you can count on bad weather this year

I met God this afternoon
Riding on an uptown train
I said "Don't you have better things to do?"
He said, "If I do my job, what would you complain about?
So I let it go to Hell,
now I'll have something to do"
he said, "I let it go to Hell,
does that sound familiar to you?"

well Everything falls apart,
then I get to try to put it back together
Yeah it falls apart
and you can count on that,
you can count on bad, bad weather

Everything that falls apart baby,
sooner or later gonna come back together
Well everything that comes together baby,
sooner or later gonna apart

You can call it anything you want
They're gonna take it all away from you

-Dog's Eye View

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 31, 2008 2:08 PM, Blogger Bag Blog said...

A friend of mine used to work at a girl's home - where the girls have been abandoned, abused, in trouble, in the system, etc. She said that often when things have been going well, the girls would purposely get in trouble because they were more comfortable being in trouble - they figure they will blow it sooner or later; might as well be sooner. They are just comfortable with life falling apart - it is all they know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home