Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Disclosure

I was feeling pretty depressed on Monday. I worked a 12.5 hour shift at work. After I went home, I took my nephew and his wife to Eddie V's on 5th street. We had a great meal and some bourbon... Well, a lot of bourbon... A lot of bourbon. We stayed out until the last bar closed at 2.
At 7am yesterday I rolled out of bed, took an alkaseltzer, brushed my teeth and threw Jack in the jeep.
Before 8 we were at the place I wanted to spend my birthday morning. There is a pool of clear blue water and a little trickling waterfall. No people. I even beat the park rangers there.
I stripped down to my skivvies and dived in the pool. I would have skinny dipped, but it is public land and no one needs to be exposed to that.
Jack and I swam for almost an hour.
Just as I was getting out of the water, I heard a rumbling noise. Then the little trickle of a waterfall exploded into a gushing torrent. In 30 seconds the water went from my knees to my waist. Luckily we were on the same side of the stream as the Jeep because the path across disappeared.
I got out and dressed just as it started to sprinkle. We danced and played in the rain like the heathens we are. A ball washed up stream to us, so I threw it for Jack and he ran across the rocks at full tilt.
It was great. The cold water, the cold rain, the fresh air. It was as though it washed away my sins for a few hours.
After, I took my guests to the Texas Chili Parlor for lunch, we saw a movie, took Jack to the dog park, and on to BD Rileys. We shared pints with friends, Had a late dinner at Hut's Hamburgers (mine was buffalo meat), listened to some blues at Friends and back to the house and bed.
Rabbit an his wife are on their way back to NC and I'm back at work.
Thank you for all your well wishes and birthday greetings. It was a good day.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At August 20, 2008 1:34 PM, Blogger Omnibabe said...

Happy belated b-day, you big goof.

 
At August 21, 2008 8:11 AM, Blogger Bag Blog said...

The creeks do rise fast in your neck of the woods. I have some specific memories of flooding when we lived in San Marcos back in the late 70's. It sounds like you and Jack had fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home