Monday, August 04, 2008

Just A Couple

I really don't mind being single. I never needed someone else to identify myself by. I could live without the heartbreak of becoming single, but in and of itself I don't mind. I do well by myself, but there are a few things I miss... Aside from the obvious.
I miss date night. Whether it was my ex-wife or my ex-girlfriend it was nice to go out to a new resturant and order different foods and try stuff off of each other's plates. Try to do that with one of your buddies and you're apt to lose a hand... And a buddy.
I miss holding hands at the movies. I know it's simple and silly and old fashioned, but I always enjoied the touch of another sentient being. I don't really like going to the movies alone, and try that with... Well, see above.
I miss hearing the door open, knowing that the one I care about is home, and has something to share. It may just be a stupid story about grocery shopping or something, but it doesn't matter because she's there. I hear my door open these days and I'm reaching for my sawed-off pool cue or a firearm, and Jack doesn't talk to me... He rarely even barks.
I miss cooking dinner for someone besides myself. Even if she put salt on everything before she tasted it, or only ate about half of what I made for her, it's nice to look across the table and see someone.
My house stays neat most of the time. There may be a few clothes on the floor next to the bed, mail on the table, and a dish or two in the sink but that's it. I don't seem to live there anymore. It's just where I sleep between work, the gym and the park. I went in my living room to get some CD's and there were cobwebs and a fine layer of dust on everything. I'm glad my nephew and his wife are coming for my birthday. It'll be nice to have some life in my living room.
I don't feel lonesome very often, especially not with Jack around... I just miss things somtimes.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 05, 2008 8:58 AM, Blogger Bag Blog said...

My husband does not like it that I let the dog sleep up next to me when he is away, but I like the feel of someone next to me - even if it is the dog. I sleep better.

 
At August 05, 2008 5:58 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

I try not to allow Jack on the bed, although I have relented once or twice. I've never been a big fan of dogs in the bed as a general rule... Not to mention that Jack is a shadow dog which means he likes to sleep right up against me, not a good thing in Texas in the summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home