Monday, August 18, 2008

Once More

...Around the sun.

This has been a fucked up two years. I've tried to write this post three times today, and I'm in such a hurt and nasty mood I've deleted it all three times.

Every time I think I've let go of the pain and anger, I get hit right in the teeth with something. Sometimes it can be as simple as being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Tomorrow morning Jack and I will rise before the sun, and spend the morning in an undisclosed and (hopefully) unpopulated spot. I have given only one person a clue as to where I will be.

I will reflect on the last two years, and how much they have affected and changed my life. I will look to the future and weigh my options, such that they are.

Afterwards, I will come out of hiding and join friends and family. Around 5:30-6:00 I will go to BD Rileys and down a few pints of Guinness and a shot or two of Wild Turkey. Feel free to join me and feel free to buy me a pint. Even if I'm not in a better mood, I'll pretend to be. I've gotten pretty good at pretending to be.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At August 18, 2008 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Early Birthday!
You're going to be fine. Everyone has good days/bad days. You'll get thru it. I won't be able to make it tomorrow - don't really want to face particular people.... :)
Love & Hugs
English Muffin.

 
At August 18, 2008 7:00 PM, Blogger DammitWomann said...

K-Nine

Regardless of your mood .. your feelings ... your outlook on life ... I want to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I mean it.. and I'm sorry you're going thru such a rough time. It will pass - it always does....and I know that from first-hand life experience.

(Hugs)

 
At August 18, 2008 9:56 PM, Blogger Melissa "Darla" In Texas said...

Happy Birthday (early!).
One of these days I am going to take you up on the meet up at BD Riley's!
Birthday curse?
Birthday hugs from me, darlin'!
FWIW, I got struck by lightning at my birthday party out at Emma Long Park aka City Park this year!
Yours cannot be that bad ;)

Melissa In (Austin) Texas

 
At August 19, 2008 2:10 AM, Blogger Jerry in Texas said...

Happy Birthday, Dude.

Just remember. You're only one day older than you were yesterday.

 
At August 19, 2008 8:28 AM, Blogger Bag Blog said...

This, too, shall pass. Being with good friends is the best medicine.

 
At August 19, 2008 9:56 AM, Blogger Steve T said...

Happy Birthday Bro. I don't think I will be able to share a pint with you today, but I wish you a great year going forward.

 
At August 19, 2008 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and greetings from Ohio.

 
At August 19, 2008 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, brother man! Wish I could be there to raise a pint to you!

 
At August 20, 2008 10:50 AM, Blogger K-nine said...

Thanks everyone! And Melissa, now I have something to aspire to. Lightning. Nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home