Saturday, August 16, 2008

Rabbit Run

Three days till my birthday. Although my birthday curse is already in effect, I'm still cautious and jumpy. I just have a huge feeling of unease.
Earlier in the year I thought, "It's been a rough year anyway, maybe it'll skip this year."
No such luck. Now I'm afraid that maybe it'll hit even bigger this year. Maybe my being nervous and apprehensive is a big part of the curse itself. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not really out to get you.
Brighter note: My nephew Rabbit and his lovely bride are in San Antonio this morning and are going to make the drive up to ATX today sometime. I'll see them when I get home tonight, and they'll stay through Wednesday.
I'm looking forward to that. Rabbit and I get along famously, and there will be alcohol consumed, stories exagerated and laughs aplenty.
Tonight I'll take them and the uberhunde (Jack) to the park to see the Stevie Ray Vaughn memorial, we may try to see the Congress Ave bats too, then a meal and a few beers somewhere.
Tomorrow I'll make them a good Texas breakfast and we'll see what they want to do.
Monday it's back to the grind for me, and they'll be on their own for a day. I'm sure they can come up with something to do.
Tuesday is the day I turn 39. The plan is for me to go to an undisclosed location for a few hours in the morning and spend the afternoon and evening hours with friends and family (Probably at the pub)... But I'm terrified that I'm going to have to work. I'm going to fight that as much as I can, but my work ethic defeats me most of the time.
We'll see... We'll see.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home