Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Two Week Notice

No, I'm not quitting. Ain't gonna get on that merry-go-round again.
Two weeks til my last birthday. I'll be 39 on Aug 19th, and in the grand tradition of Jack Benny, I'll be 39 from then on. (Probably not, but it seems like a good premise to me)
The plan was that I was going to have my friends roast me for my birthday... And I may still do that, but there seems to be a concerted lack of interest among my friends to get up and do it. Ah, well. Such is life.
My second oldest nephew, Rabbit, Is coming out to TX with his lovely bride. They're going to stay in San Antone for a day or so, and with me for a while too.
This Friday, the 8th, we're having the annual August Birthday Party at B D Rileys Pub. I actually started that several years ago when I asked the owner if I could have a party and a band there. His birthday is also August as is an inordinate number of pub regular's. It became a group thing that I'm proud to still be a part of even though my personal life dictates that I don't spend a lot of time there anymore. So if you're around 6th st. ATX Friday after 5, stop by and I'll let you buy me a pint of the best Guinness in Austin.
My actual birthday is a different story. I'll sneak out of the house around daybreak just as always and spend the morning hours in solitary reflection. Jack will come along this year just as my dogs before him have, but I'm sure he'll respect my boundries. I've already picked the spot.
After around noon, I'll emerge and eat, drink and be as merry as I can. I'll tell you more about it as the time grows nearer, but feel free to come by Friday.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 05, 2008 10:19 PM, Blogger Bag Blog said...

When my brother turned 49 a couple of year ago, he and a friend started meeting for breakfast and coffee somewhere in Austin - they call it their Old Farts Group. I'll find out where they meet for ya :)

 
At August 06, 2008 11:17 AM, Blogger K-nine said...

Thanks... I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home