Friday, September 19, 2008

Daylight

She's got me tied in a knot. That's what
I thought she'd do.
Don't ask me what's on my mind. I'm fine.
I'll push on through.
Not much to see on this angry street,
so I'll sleep the day away.
Look past my barnacled mind and in time
I'll roll the stone away.

While we still have the daylight,I might
look these lessons in the eye.
While we still have the daylight, I might
become some brand-new kinda guy.

Brass knuckles and birds on a wire retire
but no one gets free.
I'd pay to tear these chains away,
this steel sympathy.
Cut bait and cold black forty weight,
no one can sing for me.
They fall down with grease in their eyes and cry.
How could this come to be?

While we still have the daylight, I might
look these lessons in the eye.
While we still have the daylight, I might
become some brand-new kinda guy.

-The Drive By Truckers

Labels:

6 Comments:

At September 19, 2008 11:27 PM, Blogger DammitWomann said...

OK - now that is awful!

 
At September 20, 2008 9:35 AM, Blogger K-nine said...

And why is that awful?

 
At September 20, 2008 10:29 AM, Blogger DammitWomann said...

Obviously you were listening to it "last" nite. giggle

Listen to it again today - in the light of day.

Sounds awful...........

 
At September 20, 2008 11:03 AM, Blogger K-nine said...

Granted, while the live version on you tube is questionable, I'm more about the lyrics.

 
At September 20, 2008 11:21 AM, Blogger DammitWomann said...

OOHHHH - now I get it.

The words hurt my heart. They bring back memories of lost loves, painful breakups etc. However, we all get thru it - one way or another. It's "how" we get thru it that makes us better.....(from one knows)

 
At September 20, 2008 11:28 AM, Blogger K-nine said...

I might become some brand new kinda guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home